Friday, September 18, 2015

3 Players I Wouldn't Mind Tottenham Selling in January


Let's face facts. We have a pretty big squad at Tottenham currently and it's highly unlikely that we will go through the January window without shipping a few players out. We're also light in a few areas (like striker) so it makes sense we'd shift some dead weight to raise funds for purchases too. As such, take a look at my way too early look at four players I wouldn't mind seeing sold in January. Note, this doesn't mean I want them out of the Club, just that I wouldn't hate seeing a sale at a decent price.

1. Nacer Chadli-The Dolphin is simply a lesser version of Clint Dempsey who we sold without a modicum of fanfare. He contributes the occasional goal but contributes very little else. With the recent acquisitions of wide men in Son and N'Jie I can't see a place for him here long term. Originally, I thought he'd serve as our backup striker but our Korean import has stolen that role as well. It might be best to get rid of Chadli while there's still significant value in him across Europe.

2. Tom Carroll- I hate to break it to you and Tim Sherwood, but the diminutive midfielder won't be playing for Barcelona any time soon. He isn't a bad player, but his size really limits his ability to play week in, week out for a top level Premier League Club. He is neat and tidy on the ball, but who do you see him playing in front of...Dier? Mason? Bentaleb? If the answer to those questions is no (which it should be) then you have to be ok with selling Carroll for a nice profit.

3. Federico Fazio- We just have to admit we missed out on this purchase. His lack of pace is ill-suited for our high line, high press system and he failed to start in the Europa League this week. He's clearly not a part of Pochettino's long term plans and I think he can contribute at a lesser team. Much like Chadli, January might be the time to sell while we can still recoup considerable value.

Disagree? Let me know about it in the comments section or on social media. Also, don't bother with the criticism for discussing the transfer of current players..I'll just ignore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment